Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ahh! to have a Studio!!




A most enjoyed space!..not to mention the newest addition to my home the new Avante' Quilting machine and frame! 


At last room for everything..and a little place to make a quick cup of tea too!





On a cold winters day nothing like a warm fire to cuddle up to!




This is a beautiful Quilt that I quilted on my new Quilting machine for a friend. I wish the photo's would better show you the detailed quilting.  


It is a "Block of the Month Sampler Quilt" so I quilted each of the 12 block differently as I felt they spoke to me...


The diagonal log cabin blocks and the outer borders were quilted in a large feather design.


As the fabric for this quilt was somewhat a heritage type fabric with large roses and soft but rich colours I felt that the feathers added to the classic feeling...


the back of the quilt showing the detail of one of the blocks. The ultra fine micro stippling helped to create a three D effect to help emphasize the blocks character.

Looking forward to putting the next quilt on the frame!!

No comments: